Register your details at www.vatfree.com and take these steps to reclaim your VAT:
- At moment of purchase, request for a ‘Customs Tax Invoice’;
- Have the office at your Military Base stamp the ‘Customs Tax Invoice’ for approval;
- Send your stamped ‘Customs Tax Invoice’ with your purchase receipt and a copy of your military ID-card to vatfree.com.
Vatfree.com will take care of the rest and contact you for reimbursement details.
You can send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only goods with a minimum purchase amount of €45 including VAT per item are eligible for reimbursement. Not all goods are eligible; your Military Base can give you the precise details.
- Only stores with a special permit can give out ‘Customs Tax Invoices’. Please inform yourself whether the store you would like to visit has such a permit.